Tuesday 10 August 2010

Busy Life

Life in the past few months has been very busy. Commuting to the new work place takes best part of 3 hours every day. But the good thing is that I get over an hour and half of quality reading time on the train. The power walks between station and office offers me the chance to burn my calories (still not burning enough).

This summer has truly been unbelievable. Certainly couldn't have asked for a much better weather. Most of the weekends have been spent burning fuel to clock endless miles on my Beemer and Gixxer Thou. It's been almost a year since I brought my Gixxer Thou home. It's a gem of a beauty. Taking it for a spin on some of the country roads is a pleasure and joy. It's a shame that I can't take my bike to the places I love the most, The Highlands, Borders and North Wales, as they are all at impractical distance to cover and tour over an extended weekend. Never mind.

Beemer has been great. When I bought it a few months ago never did I imagine that I'd be doing so many miles. At my current mileage rate, I'm certain that the car insurance got to get amended not in the distant future. I've sort of grown into my car and am already thinking about my next one.

I've not had a proper holiday so far this year. Though I've been enjoying the weekends it's the short breaks that I've been missing dearly. I've planned a short break to one of my favourite locations. Every evening is being spent in planning for this break. I just can't wait for it.

Life is fun and I'm having every bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment